Why Matt Turner is my Favorite Model - 2022


Shot by HNS Imagery

I had already written an article with the same title a few years ago but I thought it needed an update.

I've never been interested in modeling or fashion until I took over my friend's Instagram page, Hot Dudes Good Mood, dedicated to male modeling. Unfortunately the page is currently disabled because it "violated Instagram policy". But let's go back to the story. To be exact it's not that I took over my friend's page & fell instantly in love with modeling or fashion or anything related to it. I knew close to nothing about male models at the time so when I needed models to post on the page I used to look on Google Images or modeling agencies websites.

On the 2nd of August 2017 I was in my bed, totally not in a good mood, actually feeling pretty down & I was looking for more models to post later on HDGM, in an attempt to somehow cheer me up a little, when I saw a picture of a man. My first thought was "what a magnificent man !".



The first picture I ever saw of Matt !



I knew nothing about him at the time of course but I saved the picture. As it had gotten me curious I clicked on the link that lead me to Oh La La Mag's feature of Canadian model Matt Turner's photoshoot with talented US photographer Rick Day. I was astounded to see that much beauty, sensuality & hotness. It was very obvious that the camera loved Matt & that he was a natural. But the odd part was that I also felt peace when I looked at him. I remember looking at one of the pics for a few seconds (close to a minute !) & thinking that the person in the picture was an angel. Again I knew nothing about Matt at the time so I couldn't tell if he was a nice person or whatever, it was just a gut feeling & a strong one. When I opened the Instagram app to post the picture I searched for the Matt's page & when I found it & looked at all the pictures I knew right away I had found my favorite model. Again a gut feeling. I just knew I had found MY model. Since then I've only grew fonder of Matt's work. I wouldn't have created a fan page on both Instagram & Twitter if I wasn't so appreciative of his work. And on a side note, he's an amazing human being, too & that's very important to me because it's not just about looks but also about personality, heart, values & stuffs like that. Through the years Matt has become a HUGE inspiration. A muse. In the sense that everytime I see a picture of him or another piece of art he shares it inspires me a poem, I want to express all the emotions in my heart, to convey what his art does to me. The thing is whenever I look at a picture of Matt there's a story in it. A message. It gives me hope, it fills my heart with love, it makes me smile, it moves me. It never ever leaves me indifferent. All the beauty in Matt's heart explodes in his shots, all the kindness, the strength, the power. I love the way he's not afraid to push boundaries, the way he embraces all that he is, all the beautiful aspects of his unique personality. The way he is so giving, so open-minded. I have never been impacted by a model's work the way I'm impacted by Matt's work, it's like he always know how to push the right button, how to speak to me & everytime his art goes straight to my heart. It goes way beyond just thinking that he's hot or beautiful or whatever adjective of the same kind. It's really a story, an amazing story told in each & every single picture he posts. It's a state of mind. I really see his work as a gift. Matt Turner is my very favorite model since the very beginning of my "work" on HDGM. He's also a very talented actor. He's just SO charismatic, so powerful when he acts. He doesn't think too much, he feels. Everything I've seen of his acting work just made me want to see much more. I just think he's gifted & he deserves much more recognition for all that talent. I spend a lot of time on Social Media making posts where I say how hot/beautiful/magnificent Matt is but really there's SO much more to the man. So much more !!! I'm in awe of the human being, of the fact that he's not afraid to show the downs that often go with the ups. He's humble enough to talk about the castings that don't work, the bad days or the frustrations. He's one of the two most genuine people I've ever seen on Social Media. Another thing I admire about Matt is that he's bold enough to go to the other side of the world to start a career. He just went for it even if it's scary. And he's so easy-going as well. Every photographer I asked told me how they loved working with Matt & I'm totally not surprised because he's very professional among other things. Also, he wins people's hearts so easily. All of these reasons & more make Matt the greatest model ever in my opinion, someone I value as an artist & a human being. I want to see much more of his modeling & acting work. I want him to keep shining the way he does & I honestly supporting him is the easiest thing to do. Here's a sample of Matt's amazing modeling work 👇


There's a strong George Michael's Faith era vibe in this shot by Jeffery Beasley.


Absolutely love the black nails !!!


I always LOVE when Matt works with HNS Imagery because the result is ALWAYS mind-blowing.


Just the best underwear model in my opinion.


This shot by Asquared Photo makes me think of the posters' artwork for Lars Von Trier's movie Melancholia.



It easy to see the connection between Matt & SN Fotog ! And there's always so much sensuality.


Matt's latest Instagram post, shot by Photos by Trav & all I can say is WOWOWOW !!! Pure work of art.


Again, the best underwear model & a smoking hot shot by Jeffery Beasley.


This shot by Photos by Trav makes me think of Harcourt Studio's work. Absolutely amazing & Matt's face so expressive.


This one just shows that Matt is a natural. Shot by Jason Siu.


This one is so powerful ! When I look at it I feel like Matt's saying "I'm looking forward, the best is yet to come & the past belongs to memory". Shot by Photos by Trav.


Clif5 is probably my favorite acting work of Matt so far. So much presence on camera !!!


To see more of Matt's work check out his Instagram page.

To see Matt's other talents check out his Youtube page.

To see Matt's exclusive & private content check out this page.

Comments